Ogrum Ironheart & Mini Ogrum Ironheart - Step by Step I

When Tale of War launched it last month's newness inspired by the famous Banshee´s Ogrum Ironheart, I wanted to paint a miniature version of this figure. It was one of my first big scale figures and I have a special affection. So I thought it would be funny to have the two figures in the glass cabinet together, emulating Dr. Evil and Mini Me. :)


The new figure, sculpted by Ivan Santurio in 30 Mm., has in common with Alfonso´s Ogrum the pose and clothes, but differs in some aspects. It´s more stylized than ogrum, has a smaller head and generally keeps human proportions, which Alfonso consciously ignored. But the main difference, the element that stood out in the original figure, is the mechanical arm. As you can see in the photos, I've added some pieces of my spare parts box and some putty. A simple conversion that only has taken me 20 minutes. I have also added other pieces to make it as similar as possible, although it is not my intention to match the figure to 100%. If at first glance looks very similar are more than enough.


The base is similar to my ogrum version, but on a smaller scale of course.

At the moment here you are the very basic first part of the step by step.


STEP 1. The figure at the base. I´ve used materials like plasticard, balsa wood, tin, plaster, sheet metal and putty. Also, you can see the mechanical arm materials, a piece of a Warhammer 40000 exterminator arm, rods of different thicknesses and some Milliput. You can click on the photos to enlarge.


STEP 2. Figure polished, cleaned, pinned in a wooden dowel, primed with Games Workshop black spray and airbrushed with Vallejo gray primer. Ready to paint!

Coming soon the next step, Mr. Powers!